Kaiser’s February Update on Health Disparities
This free, monthly update synthesizes news coverage from hundreds of print and broadcast news sources related to health and health care issues affecting underserved and racial and ethnic communities.
The update also summarizes recent journal articles and other research developments in the field and features a data slide from a relevant Kaiser Family Foundation publication.
DISPARITIES IN THE NEWS
1. Report: High Number of NM Children Overweight or Obese
2. Sacramento County Aims Mental Health Effort at Hard-to-Reach Groups
3. Report: A Decrease in Teen Pregnancies, But Disparities Remain
4. Breast Cancer Kills Older Women More Often
5. Poor, Minority Residents Face Most Health Risks with Climate Change
6. Nurse Researchers Find Disparities in Pain Treatment
7. Study Reveals New Wrinkle in Growing US Health Gap
8. Task Force Taking on Infant Issue
9. Teen Births: Nearly Half In State Are to Hispanics
10. Cancer Screening – The United States, 2010